POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Passing file handles to macros - how? : Re: Passing file handles to macros - how? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing file handles to macros - how?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Apr 2003 15:26:51
Message: <3ea98bfb@news.povray.org>
In article <cja### [at] netplexaussieorg> ,
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>  wrote:

> I haven't read any descriptions of shared_ptr. As far as I can tell, it
> is not part of the current standard. I am well aware of the existance of
> good implementations...if one of those is available with an open enough
> license, I see no reason to avoid using it rather than writing a custom
> version.

No, no, no, you still didn't understand the full scope: Read, from top to
bottom these documents...

<http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1431.htm>
<http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#License>
<http://www.boost.org/index.htm> (first two paragraphs)
<http://www.boost.org/libs/smart_ptr/> (the implementation)

As you can see, you are looking for complications where there are none. It
is ready for use already, and it will be standard compliant once there is
the new standard out.  Nevertheless, it is as close to the standard as any
implementation can be given that it is the reference implementation ;-)

> But it isn't part of the current standard, and if/when it is
> standardized, it will take some time to be widely implemented. None of
> this is a good reason for waiting for it to become standardized and
> widely implemented...if anything, it is a reason not to do so.

Sorry, you lost me here...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde